Thursday, November 11, 2010

wiggle bum slide, Tia Brette and apple sauce

A few weeks ago my sister, Brette, came to visit. It was so fun to share our little Rocket Man with an aunt who loves and appreciates him as much as we do. We all got a kick out of his method of getting down the slide. Do all kids do the wiggle bum dance at the top of a slide?

A rather long side note on "Rocket Man": I started calling Lil' Pedro "Rocket Man" when he was first born due to the shape of his head. Now that he can walk/run, the nickname fits for his style of escape. He has learned how to do the limp noodle to more easily slide out of my arms and jet to explore whatever caught his interest. Inside our apartment, he likes to keep watch on me to make sure I'm not more than 10 feet away, but once outside our apartment, he lacks that inclination completely. Rocket Man is an explorer, not afraid to wander to the other side of the park or all over Walmart without really caring if I am following or not.

In a previous post, I mentioned my latest nickname "Rocky" which fits since Pedro means "Rock", but it's actually just short for "Rocket Man".

Who needs a spoon? How is it that this usually obnoxious slurping sound is so endearing coming from a 15-month-old?

2 comments:

Tacy Marie said...

I love the little laugh he makes at the end of slurping down his apple sauce. Cute videos:)

Kiley said...

How fun that you Brette came! Cute little kid!