Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America, America!

Pedro hung up our flag off the porch. Hooray! I love seeing the flag every time I walk in the front door.

I haven't been able to capture it on video yet, but Rody sings the most adorable rendition of "America the Beautiful".

I LOVE THE 4th of JULY!!!

I took Rody to his first parade. I think he would sum up his reaction as so: horrifyingly loud, intriguingly fun. We potluck-lunched with church friends at a park. That night we exposed our son to the joys and terrors of driveway fireworks. He loved waving around a sparkler - until it went out and he touched the hot part. Oops. Sorry buddy. If I remember, I'll post the video of that experience.

I randomly sang patriotic songs throughout the day and loved every minute of it.

No comments: