- Add a drop or two of food coloring to a little bit of water in different bowls for each color.
- Fold up a paper towel in half then half again and again into a small square or triangle.
- Dip the corners or sides into the various bowls of colored water.
- Unfold the paper towel and set it out to dry on whatever you have (newspaper, empty cereal boxes or paperbags cut so they lay flat, whatever).
- After they dry, bunch the center of a paper towel and tie it with pipe cleaners or whatever you have (produce twist ties, rubber bands, paper clips, etc.)
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Paper Towel Butterflies
I got this idea off the Make it and Love it blog (link to the right). It is so easy (and inexpensive). And, Rody loves making and playing with these butterflies. He gave some to a few neighbor kids who thought they were cool.