Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What would be a good title . . . hmmm . . . tales of a stressed-out-now-grateful mom who just got her screaming baby to sleep

Yeah, that seems to fit the situation.

This kid better be teething. If that is the case, he has my full sympathy. Tiny daggers pushing out tender gums would merit this kind of screaming. However, if he is not teething, that kid better be in a better mood when he wakes up from his nap.

I had plans to visit some friends from work and show off my adorable baby, but I had one small problem: my baby was NOT being adorable. Such is life I guess. Maybe another day.

The scream session did have a happy little pause. Whenever Little Zi Guy, as I refer to him sometimes, sees me drinking water, he must have some. He leans forward, puckers his big lips and reaches for the glass. Then with help from his mom, he can actually drink from the glass. He loves this!

So, just to see how serious his problem was, I offered him a drink from a glass. His cries stopped instantly as he leaned in for a drink. However, I think his reason for screaming must have been legitimate since he managed only a few slurps before picking up where he left off with the last yell.

One of these days, I'll get pictures of his "I want a drink" face, but for now enjoy his first taste of baby food at Grandma's house on his 5-month birthday, January 8.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about the screaming. Did you try buzzing your lips at him?!
Thanks for your sweet comments on our blog too:)
My hair had been up in little twists (like what Anna will do in her hair occasionally). she taught me how, and I've been practicing. She can sleep with them in, where I can't, so these little twists lasted through a night of sleeping on them.

Kiley said...

Good luck with the screaming boy! But he is cute, isn't he?

Dani said...

CUTE!!! Oh, I LOVE YOU FAT BABY!!! Wish I could be there to see him grow. :)

Melanie Quito said...

As (possibly) one of the coworkers you might have visited that day, you have my full sympathy. I look forward to another opportunity to see you again and perhaps your little (and maybe even someday the big) man. I will say that you have a beautiful baby and when he smiles I can only imagine that your baby pictures must be very similar. I see a lot of your smile in his.