Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did you get a sticker? I wish I could get two.

I finally live in a place where my vote counts for something, where it is actually one of thousands (rather than millions) that could make a difference of which presidential candidate gets Minnesota's electoral votes. So, it was my privilege as an American citizen to cast a ballot.

This was one of the hardest voting decisions I've made. I only wish I could have voted for a candidate I actually wanted to vote for and who had a chance at winning.

I'm pretty sure Obama is going to win. I think he will be good for the nation - a uniter. I just hope that a democrat president with a democrat-majority congress doesn't wreak havoc on our national debt with inefficient government spending or appoint judges who will add to our already mildewy national moral conscience. And, I hope that the billions he will approve will actually improve education, environment, quality of life and world peace.

We wanted change. I hope we can accept responsibility for it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA! We don't deserve His blessing, but we sure need it.

PS. Fill up today. Pedro has a theory that gas prices drop right before the election and that they will go up again after it's over.

2 comments:

Kiley said...

I voted - even though it probably won't make a difference. But I did it anyway, and I'm grateful I got the chance!

And thanks for the head up - I'll fill up definitely!

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

I definitely know what you mean! Unfortunately I live in a place where it doesn't really matter how I vote. It ought to be interesting these next few years. I hope we don't get too much change!

Anyway, I am so glad you left a comment on our blog! I have been wondering what you were up to! Congrats on getting married! Pedro looks like a really nice guy. How are you guys liking law school. Enjoy it, it goes by fast! We are almost down to one semester left! Stay in touch!